Firmware Upgrade Issues with EZCast PRO dongle

Moderator: Henry Chou

Counter Strike

Firmware Upgrade Issues with EZCast PRO dongle

Postby Counter Strike » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:08 am

Hi!

I have an EZCast PRO dongle per the image you will see attached. I am desperate (after wasted 4 hours trying to make this work) for your support on this!

Situation:
When trying to search for Wifi connections in the Wifi Setup screen, the dongle was not showing up any wifi connection + that on Windows 10 EZCast app (Latest Version) the device was not showing up and I only had a white panel on the device list. So I decided to upgrade the firmware.

What I did:
1) Went to https://www.ezcast.com/repair/ezcast/pro/standard and downloaded the Repair Tool kit
2) Connected Micro USB cable with EZCastPro dongle first, and used tweezers to short pin 19 and pin 20 (pin numbers count from bottom to up) of the NAND flash memory, kept 2 pins shorted and didn't let go the tweezers, then plugged USB A to PC. Right as in the manual!

What happened:
1) Nothing happened. The "New Hardware Wizard" didn't pop-up. I just hear the sound of usb being connected, but nothing more.
2) The blue led is lit.
3) After releasing the tweezers I wait and nothing happens. The Dongle's WiFi is NOT showing up anymore!
4) I launched "EZUpdate.exe" and it's showing the device as connected, per the image, but no version of the firmware available on cloud. Internet is obviously working since as you can see in the printscreen that's the PC I'm writing the post from.

Please help! This ruined 4 hours this evening and I have not other support to access than your help!

https://i.imgur.com/LE5ZEVU.jpg

Counter Strike

Re: Firmware Upgrade Issues with EZCast PRO dongle

Postby Counter Strike » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:25 pm

@Henry Chou - can you forward this case to the engineering team? My product is not working at all after the step by step process. By the way, I am a software engineer and I know what I'm doing when it comes to both hw and sw, so the procedure complexity was not a problem. I'm telling you this because I want you to know that I can perform any other steps, just to see the dongle work.

Counter Strike

Postby Counter Strike » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:12 am

Hello!!!??

What is wrong with this company and the support team? I am waiting for 1 week for a reply. Also sent a dozens of emails to support@ezcast.com

The sales tell this is the number 1 company for "casting dongles"!!!

Why do we pay so much money if no one cares?

MissEZCast

Postby MissEZCast » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:07 am

Counter Strike wrote:Hello!!!??

What is wrong with this company and the support team? I am waiting for 1 week for a reply. Also sent a dozens of emails to support@ezcast.com

The sales tell this is the number 1 company for "casting dongles"!!!

Why do we pay so much money if no one cares?

Could you please provide us the SSID shown on your screen? (ex: EZCastPro-1A2B3C4D)
And we would like to the the firmware version of your EZCastPro dongle. (ex:16953001)

Return to “EZCastPro Questions &Bugs & Wishlist”