mirroring problems

EZCast Wire Bugs & Wishlist。

Moderator: Henry Chou

Cezary Adam Ilczuk

mirroring problems

Postby Cezary Adam Ilczuk » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:30 am

Using Samsung Galaxy S3 phone. Mirroring over EZ Cast wifi - no problem although a bit of a pain in the neck. Just got EXCast Wire and upgraded it to the newest software version. Able to pair the phone with tv over cable (selecting USB router in the Wire submenu). Alas, no Screen Mirroring icon appears on my connected phone screen. Comparing my screen to the screen in the promotional demo available on the iezvu site - I have one icon less. Obviously I have no luck replicating the screen mirroring effect so prominently shown in the video. Am I doing somethng wrong?

way

Re: mirroring problems

Postby way » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:25 pm

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    We would like to see the display shown on the phone screen for our checking for providing you better services.
  Could you please photo the screen on phone and send for us?

Thanks for your help and sorry for the inconvenience.

BR,
EZCast Customer Service

Cezary Adam Ilczuk

Postby Cezary Adam Ilczuk » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:06 am

Way,
Thanks for reacting promptly.
Have my screenshot ready but am unable to paste it into this format. Give me a hint how to do that or provide with an email address so I send it as a file attachment.
In any case, on my Samsung Galaxy S3 display there are 10 icons starting with Pictures (Photos) in the upper left hand corner. 4 icons in 2 rows and 2 icons in the bottom row. The last one is EZChannel. The 11th icon at the bottom is Settings.
The nice W symbol for Wire is in the upper right hand corner.
In the demo movie on your site, in the upper left hand corner is an icon with small and big rectangles suggesting mirroring. This one I don't see on my device.

Best regards,
CAI

way wrote:Sorry for the inconvenience.
    We would like to see the display shown on the phone screen for our checking for providing you better services.
  Could you please photo the screen on phone and send for us?

Thanks for your help and sorry for the inconvenience.

BR,
EZCast Customer Service

George Nezlek

Postby George Nezlek » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:51 am

Same thing for my LG tablet. I suspect you also have an Android 4.x or earlier device. The other Ez Cast stuff (web, ez channel, etc..) will probably work for you as well. Hopefully a future update will allow pre Android 5.0 devices full capability.

Cezary Adam Ilczuk

Postby Cezary Adam Ilczuk » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:01 am

You are right, George. My Samsung is Android 4.3 and EZ Cast wire is for A 5.0 and up. Too bad. I have been trying to find a way to mirror to tv for the last 3 months using the phone and 2 different Kindle Fires (including one with micro USB to HDMI adapter). What a project! (will spare you details).
Thanks for your observation.

George Nezlek

Postby George Nezlek » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:57 am

Surprised the Amazon TV sticks don't work for you. They seem to work with just about EVERYTHING, although their "directions" might not win an award for being intuitive. Don't know how they do with non USA-based NTSC systems, however. My EZ Cast wireless, while at times a bit flaky, gets better with each firmware and software update :-D and does an excellent job with the 4.4 tablet, so make sure you have the latest software and firmware for one and it should work with your phone. The only reason I was interested in the wired EZ Cast, which is FLAWLESS when paired with my Android 5 phone, is that I from time to time find myself in places where not needing a lot of bandwidth is preferable (read that as - the local Wi-Fi is a joke), and the wireless EZ cast, since it piggy backs through the Wi-Fi, isn't as friendly in those cases.

Cezary Adam Ilczuk

Postby Cezary Adam Ilczuk » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:03 pm

George,
I have yet to try the Amazon TV stick - I only used Amazon micro USB - to - HDMI adapter which works fine with all my apps except the one I really care for - from my satellite tv provider - as it only mirrors the sound but not video.
I am afraid Amazon tv dongle would only mirror the Amazon provided content from my Kindle Fires (that's their general marketing concept) but maybe I have no other choice but to try it. Using my phone for mirroring is a pain in the neck to set up. The wifi connection is inferior to wire and on top of that an incoming phone call can break the connection and even freeze the phone which then needs to be reset.

George Nezlek wrote:Surprised the Amazon TV sticks don't work for you. They seem to work with just about EVERYTHING, although their "directions" might not win an award for being intuitive. Don't know how they do with non USA-based NTSC systems, however. My EZ Cast wireless, while at times a bit flaky, gets better with each firmware and software update :-D and does an excellent job with the 4.4 tablet, so make sure you have the latest software and firmware for one and it should work with your phone. The only reason I was interested in the wired EZ Cast, which is FLAWLESS when paired with my Android 5 phone, is that I from time to time find myself in places where not needing a lot of bandwidth is preferable (read that as - the local Wi-Fi is a joke), and the wireless EZ cast, since it piggy backs through the Wi-Fi, isn't as friendly in those cases.

Return to “EZCast Wire Questions & Bugs & Wishlist”