NETFLIX

EZCast Wire Bugs & Wishlist。

Moderator: Henry Chou

rebeca

NETFLIX

Postby rebeca » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:12 am

hello, my name is Rebecca, buy a Ezcast device, I can not reproduce the image netflix app, netflix says I need a firmaware of you because they are not an official device, it is possible? please, everything works fine except with netflix in mirror option.

MissEZCast

Re: NETFLIX

Postby MissEZCast » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:17 am

Due to Netflix’s content protection design and they didn’t license us SDK, we still can’t cast Netflix contents directly at this moment.
We are still contacting with Netflix to see how to pass their content protection certification, and please also send your requests to Netflix to help us speed up the cooperation.
However, if your Android mobile phone supports HDCP with Miracast, you can try another alternative way:
-Connect your phone to home router
-Turn on EZMirror (Miracast) and start the mirroring to EZCast
-Turn on Netflix app and you shall see what you want
Please refer to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LfzgdSBsKs for demo video.

Please kindly be informed that Netflix seems to use different content protection on iOS, so you might not be able to see the content through AirPlay mirroring or streaming. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,
EZCast service center

rebeca

Postby rebeca » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:24 am

hello, thanks for the reply, the problem is that I use a tablet to broadcast mirror my mobile phone is not compatible with mirrorcast, the problem is that the application says you can play netflix and the truth is that it is not. Also the video that I get to see as an example this outdated, applying netflix is superior to video example, I can not even reproduce web because it detects my tablet and the web I drift to the app tablet, I chat with one netflix representative and told me it was you who were to give me a solution at least to watch netflix by web they can not do anything, there is some other configuration? there is no way to solve the problem than viewing netflix by the app?
Thanks for the attention

MissEZCast

Postby MissEZCast » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:22 pm

Dear Rebeca, may i know your device and version please? Android, iOS, or Windows? Thanks!

Fred Petty

Postby Fred Petty » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:01 am

Is Netflix still not supported by EZCast? All the replies that I see are from 2017.

Fred Petty

Postby Fred Petty » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:02 am

I meant to say that all the replies to Netflix problems are from 2016.

espen montgomery

Postby espen montgomery » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:53 pm

what is happening with netflix now?

Mariah

Postby Mariah » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:19 am

The EZcast Stick is working stabil and probably. The hardware is able to cast Netflix and Amazon Prime, but I am not really convinced from your argument with DRM restrictions You should offer your customers a new firmware with an Amazon and Netflix App, if mirroring not possible. Amazon is offering a Netflix app on their fire TV stick too, although Netflix is a big rival. I think for a price up to 60 Dollars /Euros, there must be more engagement possible, for your customers, sorry,

MissEZCast

Postby MissEZCast » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:54 am

Mariah wrote:The EZcast Stick is working stabil and probably. The hardware is able to cast Netflix and Amazon Prime, but I am not really convinced from your argument with DRM restrictions You should offer your customers a new firmware with an Amazon and Netflix App, if mirroring not possible. Amazon is offering a Netflix app on their fire TV stick too, although Netflix is a big rival. I think for a price up to 60 Dollars /Euros, there must be more engagement possible, for your customers, sorry,

Thanks for your information. We will still work hard to get Netflix and Amazon Prime's SDK. Please also send your request to them to help us to speed up the cooperation.
Thanks.

Jay Ar Irisary

Postby Jay Ar Irisary » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:34 pm

any update on this i also have the same problem on this

Return to “EZCast Wire Questions & Bugs & Wishlist”