Cannot use extend display mode on Windows 10

Discuss EZCast Questions & Bugs & Wishlist。

Moderator: Henry Chou

Somwung Ruangmaneepitoon

Cannot use extend display mode on Windows 10

Postby Somwung Ruangmaneepitoon » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:11 am

I run EzyCast v.1.6.0.9(newest version) on Windows 10 with last update. I still have an error when I select extend mode. EzyCast have this error message "Failed to enable extended display. please check this computer supports extended display" Please help this defect.

Ken Tse

Re: Cannot use extend display mode on Windows 10

Postby Ken Tse » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:57 am

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop and it has the same problem, I do lit can do mirror, but same no extended mode, I do lots of presentations, please fix the extended mode problem soon. Another problem is after I turn the TV off, the dongle seem to turn my Sony Bravia Smart TV on when I left it plug in, any solution? Thanks.

Henry Chou

Postby Henry Chou » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:28 am

Dear Ken:

Please upgrade your windows 10 to the latest updates. In our lab testing, some windows 10 early updates have the extension issues. Please try the latest update (windows 10 almost have new update each day). Thanks for your understanding.

BR,
EZCast: Henry

Henry Chou

Postby Henry Chou » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:34 am

Dear Somwung:

When EZCast dongle power on, it will automatically turn the TV on and switch the display to the corresponding HDMI port via HDMI CEC protocol. So the issue comes from why the dongle turned ON when you turn off TV. Please check it or also turn off dongle's power when turn TV off. Thanks for your understanding.

BR,

Somwung Ruangmaneepitoon

Postby Somwung Ruangmaneepitoon » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:04 pm

Dear Henry

Thank you for your instruction. I've tried to turn TV on and off and found out that the dongle operates normally. When TV is on, it will be on. When TV is off, it also off. It also works usually in mirror mode but still cannot use the extend mode, the screenshot is attached for your reference. Pls guide.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you very much
Attachments
Dongle extend display failed.jpg
Dongle extend display failed.jpg (68.37 KiB) Viewed 13315 times

Somwung Ruangmaneepitoon

Postby Somwung Ruangmaneepitoon » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:46 pm

Dear EZCast Team

Help me for this issue please.

Henry Chou

Postby Henry Chou » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:49 pm

Dear Somwung:

After discussing with R&D, this issue mainly comes from Display Driver and it seems that display driver of your laptop does not allow EZCast to use extension display.
Our R&D provide a suggestion. Please connect your laptop to the monitor/projector and then launch EZCast app for checking.
If this way makes extension possible, it may make the EZCast app has the extension capability in the future launches.

We are also checking for other solutions. Thanks for your understanding and sorry for the inconvenience.

BR,

Ken Tse

Postby Ken Tse » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:27 am

1. I connected the laptop to a monitor with an hdmi cable and the extended mode works fine. Please fix the problem with the app.
2. I have the same problem with TV turning itself on after I turn everything off. With the dongle still connected, it will turn the TV on by itself after a while, I have to unplug the dongle every time. Please check as well.
Thanks.

Ken Tse

Postby Ken Tse » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:59 am

I borrowed a Microsoft wireless display adapter,
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msc ... .307450800
and everything works fine. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160, hope this info will help you fix the extended mode problem. Thanks

Pavi Agrawal

Postby Pavi Agrawal » Sat May 07, 2016 6:25 pm

I have the same problem.

Any update on how I can extend the screen wirelessly to the TV. I have a Windows 10 laptop?

I used to be able to wirelessly extend the screen earlier from earlier version of Windows but after the upgrade cannot do that any more.

PLease help. Its Urgent

Return to “EZCast Questions & Bugs & Wishlist”