SSID and psk are not displayed

Discuss EZCast Questions & Bugs & Wishlist。

Moderator: Henry Chou

Donyaaa

SSID and psk are not displayed

Postby Donyaaa » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:24 am

Hi
I recieved my ezcast 2.4G dongle today . I inserted it in to the hdmi port of my TV and inserted the usb in to a wall charger .
The menu pops up but it doesn't display the SSID and the password . In front of the SSID it's written "wait ... "
After like a minute a message comes up saying that I should connect the device to a power adapter (which I have already done ! )
Then it restarts itself automatically .
Is there sth wrong with the device ? Should I return it ?
Attachments
IMG_20161230_193449.jpg
IMG_20161230_193449.jpg (102.2 KiB) Viewed 2600 times

MissEZCast

Re: SSID and psk are not displayed

Postby MissEZCast » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:04 pm

Please plug EZCast dongle to the WiFI part with USB cable, then plug the USB port to wall adapter and retry.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.

musa kelana

Postby musa kelana » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:51 pm

Donyaaa wrote:Hi
I recieved my ezcast 2.4G dongle today . I inserted it in to the hdmi port of my TV and inserted the usb in to a wall charger .
The menu pops up but it doesn't display the SSID and the password . In front of the SSID it's written "wait ... "
After like a minute a message comes up saying that I should connect the device to a power adapter (which I have already done ! )

same problem with me... any clue for this trouble ? i already did firmware update to 16..... the problem sill the same....... any clue ??? or just buy the new one.... the problem solved :lol: :lol: :lol:

MissEZCast

Postby MissEZCast » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:38 am

musa kelana wrote:
Donyaaa wrote:Hi

same problem with me... any clue for this trouble ? i already did firmware update to 16..... the problem sill the same....... any clue ??? or just buy the new one.... the problem solved :lol: :lol: :lol:

The issue may come from unstable power supply.
Please use an external 5V/1A power adapter instead of TV/projector USB port to provide a more stable power supply.
If still failed, please kindly use the repair tools to recover your dongle.
Please choose the repair tool from your EZCast dongle type in this website: https://www.ezcast.com/repair/ezcast

Return to “EZCast Questions & Bugs & Wishlist”