Netflix

Discuss EZCast Questions & Bugs & Wishlist。

Moderator: Henry Chou

Wayne Smith

Netflix

Postby Wayne Smith » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:11 am

How do I get picture on TV casting from computer/android phone. I get sound but no picture, if I pause video and jump forward I get picture but resuming video picture disappears and sound continues. Thank you.

MissEZCast

Re: Netflix

Postby MissEZCast » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:09 am

Due to Netflix’s content protection design and they didn’t license us SDK, we still can’t cast Netflix contents directly at this moment.
We are still contacting with Netflix to see how to pass their content protection certification, and please also send your requests to Netflix to help us speed up the cooperation.
However, if your Android mobile phone/Windows laptop supports HDCP with Miracast, you can try another alternative way:
-Connect your phone to home router
-Turn on EZMirror (Miracast) and start the mirroring to EZCast
-Turn on Netflix app and you shall see what you want
Please refer to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LfzgdSBsKs for the demo video.

Please kindly be informed that Netflix seems to use different content protection on iOS, so you might not be able to see the content through AirPlay mirroring or streaming. We suggest downloading the contents to the app for mirroring. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,
EZCast service center

Wayne Smith

Postby Wayne Smith » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:45 am

Thanks for prompt reply, computer is Windows 10 and phone a Zuk Edge, both don't work however my android tablet does so will use that. Will inform Netflix of problem which may help you. Keep up the good work

MissEZCast

Postby MissEZCast » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:10 pm

Thank you for your help.

Diego10

Postby Diego10 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:24 pm

I get the same proble, everything get cast for Netflix until i play the Video. I get only the timeline and the text with no video.

Diego10

Postby Diego10 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:42 pm

My Device is Asus Zenfone 2 laser (ZE500KL)

MissEZCast

Postby MissEZCast » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:35 pm

Due to Netflix’s content protection design and they didn’t license us SDK, we still can’t cast Netflix contents directly at this moment.
We are still contacting with Netflix to see how to pass their content protection certification, and please also send your requests to Netflix to help us speed up the cooperation.
However, if your Android mobile phone/Windows laptop supports HDCP with Miracast, you can try another alternative way:
-Connect your phone to home router
-Turn on EZMirror (Miracast) and start the mirroring to EZCast
-Turn on Netflix app and you shall see what you want
Please refer to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LfzgdSBsKs for the demo video.

Please kindly be informed that Netflix seems to use different content protection on iOS, so you might not be able to see the content through AirPlay mirroring or streaming. We suggest downloading the contents to the app for mirroring. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,
EZCast service center

Fábio Costa

Postby Fábio Costa » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:07 pm

Olá! Just use the option "Miracast (standard)" on configurations and it will work! I hope it helped all! Abraços!

MissEZCast

Postby MissEZCast » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:56 am

Thanks for your information.

Return to “EZCast Questions & Bugs & Wishlist”