[Updated] Confirmed: EZCast firmware version 13891 fixes AirPlay functionality with iOS 9

Discuss EZCast Questions & Bugs & Wishlist。

Moderator: Henry Chou

EZ User

[Updated] Confirmed: EZCast firmware version 13891 fixes AirPlay functionality with iOS 9

Postby EZ User » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:57 am

I just found this. According to another AirPlay receiver vendor, Apple has made major changes to AirPlay in iOS 8 and existing receives must implement workarounds in order to work.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2015/09/apple-implementing-overhaul-of-airplay-for-ios-9-and-new-apple-tv-boosting-performance-and-speed.html

Note that iOS 9 has been in beta for a while and production release will be released to general iPhone and iPad users for upgrade next Wednesday. Has EZ Cast tested with iOS 9? Will it continue to work or we need to wait for an update from EZ Cast?

------------------

Just a quick follow-up. I upgraded my EZCast firmware to version 13891 and verified that AirPlay audio/video and mirroring all now work again with iOS 9.0.2 for my iPhone and iPad. Thanks to EZCast for the quick fix.
Last edited by EZ User on Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

Henry Chou

Re: Will EZ Cast be incompatible with iOS 9?

Postby Henry Chou » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:36 pm

We are still working on it and waiting for apple's format release of iOS9.
Thanks for your understanding.

BR,
EZCast: Henry

EZ User

Re: Confirmed: EZCast's AirPlay broken completely with iOS 9

Postby EZ User » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:23 pm

Apple released iOS 9 today and I just installed it on my iPhone 5. I gave my EZCast with the current firmware a try. I can confirm that EZCast is completely broken with iOS 9. I can see EZCast in the AirPlay list and select it. However, I cannot send picture or video to EZCast over AirPlay, nor can I do AirPlay mirror. My iPad 2 that is still on iOS 8 continues to work fine.

So just want to report this to EZCast. We will appreciate if you can give this the highest priority as it means EZCast AirPlay functionality is totally broken to all iPhone 6s users or anyone upgraded to iOS 9.

Thank you.

Martin Kaše

Postby Martin Kaše » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:10 pm

Same here. Dont work on iOS9. Please fix ASAP, i miss my EzCast AirPlay :(.

Aman Manot

Postby Aman Manot » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:11 pm

Yes, Confirmed. Airplay is no longer working with ios 9. I use the ezcast dongle on a daily basis with my iphone 6+ / 5s / ipad mini... If I would have known regarding this collateral then I would have deferred to upgrade to ios 9.

Now we hope the ezcast developers provide a fix / workaround asap.

Martin Kaše

Re: Will EZ Cast be incompatible with iOS 9?

Postby Martin Kaše » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:59 am

Henry Chou wrote:We are still working on it and waiting for apple's format release of iOS9.
Thanks for your understanding.

BR,

Any News?

Henry Chou

Postby Henry Chou » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:18 pm

Dear All:

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are now working on iO9 airplay compatibility issue. Apple changes the connection rule due to Homekit involvement.
We will update dongle firmware once the issue is solved. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

BR,

EZ User

Postby EZ User » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:00 am

For those who have upgraded to iOS 9, you can follow the instructions here to downgrade back to iOS 8.4.1. If you want to downgrade, please make sure you do so soon before Apple stops allowing it.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2015/09/how-to-downgrade-ios-9.html

Make sure you have backup your data to iCloud and not iTunes before you do so in case the downgrade fails. This is because backup with iTunes is iOS version-specific and your iOS 9 backup cannot be restored in iOS 8.4.1.

Also, please note that there is a serious security bug with AirDrop discovered in iOS 8.4.1. So if you downgrade, please make sure you turn off AirDrop functionality when using Bluetooth in untrusted environment (http://www.securityweek.com/ios-9-resolves-hijacking-airdrop-vulnerability).

@To EZCast, not sure if you were aware. Apple had made iOS 9 beta available to developers since June for developers to test their software compatibility. It was a good time to catch and fix such issues before iOS 9 production was released publicly. And can you give us an estimate when the fix will be available?

Henry Chou

Postby Henry Chou » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:03 pm

Dear All:

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are now working on this issue and will update the firmware once the job is done.
Please now use iOS EZCast app for multimedia and cloud streaming instead.
Thanks for your understanding and patience.

BR,

ciao

Postby ciao » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:48 pm

I understand and i have patience.

Can we have an estimate date of release?

We have to make decision if the estimate is about days, weeks or months...

Return to “EZCast Questions & Bugs & Wishlist”