Moderator: Henry Chou

anusak sareesuchat

EZCast M2 not working

Postby anusak sareesuchat » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:53 pm

Hi ,

My information
SSID:JYD-D96CB4C3
Local Version : 14180000 for EZCast2.0

last week, it works fine for me on both ipad and laptop.

Now, it show at setting page, it can connect to my wifi router. i can connect wifi to dongle with ipad or laptop
But when i start app at My notebook ( windows7 ) it just show the waiting response window.
I can not use it with my ipad also. it is not responding.

Thanks in advanced,
Anusak

Henry Chou

Re: EZCast M2 not working

Postby Henry Chou » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:03 pm

Dear anusak:

Please reboot your home router and the dongle because it seems that the dongle tried to upgrade firmware itself but failed.
Please refer to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX1U1aAXt6M for setup reference.

In addition, please use external USB power instead of TV USB power for sufficient power.
Thanks for your understanding and sorry for the inconvenience.

BR,
EZCast: Henry

Zynette Nyambura

Postby Zynette Nyambura » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 am

Hi ,

My information
SSID:Vsspeed - BD7CD6A7 EZCast2.0

last month, it worked fine for me on all the mobile phones , (HTC and Huawei) and laptop.
Now, it only shows the setting page. it can connect to my wi-fi router and recognises number of devices but wont go past the setting page on the mobile phones and on the laptop ( windows7 ) it just show the waiting response. it is not responding and it's becoming frustrating
i have tried fixing it an external power supply and even tried ona different television, but still no chan
Quick response will be highly appreciated,

Zynette

anusak sareesuchat

Postby anusak sareesuchat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:10 am

Hi Henry,

Thank you for your prompt responding.
The problem still not fix after change to use external usb power supply and resetting router.
when power on ,it can connect to router then the popup massage show it is the lastest firmware ( I think ,the device will not update itself )
after that It show setting page on TV

after that, I can connect to wifi of dongle. i can connect to web site, ( that mean dongle can connect through internet)

but when i run Ezcast icon, it just show waiting response in my laptop screen.
For My ipad it show Connecting to device....

Thanks,

Anusak

anusak sareesuchat

Postby anusak sareesuchat » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:03 am

Hi Henry,

today, i have test again.

i can connect to dongle but have to re type Password for internet AP wifi after that it look normal.
When it connected to wifi router, it started to upgrade firmware to 14180001 but it can downloaded only 66% because the dongle has lost wifi connection from router again.( I do not know why, because my laptop still can connect and use same wifi router )

After that. I have to unplug power USB because i think dongle can not reconnect to wifi by itself.

when i start it again by plug USB, it back to the same problem that show only setting page
the firmware still 14180000 and it has message you firmware is lastest version and it not perfrom upgrade process after countdown.

Does it have a period for do upgrade again ? because i test for 3 times later it not do upgrade again.
Do i have to unplug and wait for some time before test again ?

Please advice,

thanks
Anusak

anusak sareesuchat

Postby anusak sareesuchat » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:09 pm

Hi Henry,
After test more than 10 times today.

I can access to dongle and update firmware to 14180001 by manually.

Try to test some feature at laptop and ipad.
i found airplay mirror at my ipad not working anymore. (iOS 7.0.4) it worked great before upgrade to 14180001.

Do i need to update IOS at my ipad to fix this issue ?

Any suggest is appreciated.

Anusak

Henry Chou

Postby Henry Chou » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:36 am

Dear Anusak:

Sorry for the inconvenience. According to your description, the WiFi environment seems crowded because the internet access is very slow.
It should be the main reason why OTA upgrading failed.
Please reboot your home router to rescan WiFi channel for better channel.

For Airplay mirroring, we suggest you to upgrade your iOS to iOS9+.
Due to the change of airplay protocol for iOS9, our firmware change to support iOS8+.

Thanks for your understanding.

BR,

Henry Chou

Postby Henry Chou » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:38 am

Zynette Nyambura wrote:Hi ,

My information
SSID:Vsspeed - BD7CD6A7 EZCast2.0

last month, it worked fine for me on all the mobile phones , (HTC and Huawei) and laptop.
Now, it only shows the setting page. it can connect to my wi-fi router and recognises number of devices but wont go past the setting page on the mobile phones and on the laptop ( windows7 ) it just show the waiting response. it is not responding and it's becoming frustrating
i have tried fixing it an external power supply and even tried ona different television, but still no chan
Quick response will be highly appreciated,

Zynette

Dear Zynette:

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for using our product.
We suspect this problem you encountered is because WiFi interfering or channel crowded,
Please get the dongle as close to your WiFi router as possible because the WiFi performance/signal will be reduced by distance,
and please help to reboot your home router to rescan a cleaner channel to use.
This shall improve the streaming performance.
In addition, do not connect too many devices onto your home router when streaming or mirroring.
We also suggest use an external 5V/1A USB adapter to provide more stable power and WiFi connection.
Sorry for the problem you encountered.

BR,

Return to “EZCast Questions & Bugs & Wishlist”