Windows 10 Support

Discuss EZCast Questions & Bugs & Wishlist。

Moderator: Henry Chou

sokkol

Windows 10 Support

Postby sokkol » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:56 am

I have problems with Windows 10 and many others also, please need an update because the experience is disappointing. The application keeps closing within seconds of launch when you can really open after many attempts. Experience with the mirror option is simply horrible, almost impossible, because again the app crash. The videos are frozen and the audio is out of sync.
On the other hand they should explain how to play videos with subtitles from an app like Kodi but from Windows. If I select a video with Kodi and give to reproduce Ezcast, which plays fantastic, but without subtitles. You can also play videos from an application as if I select PopcornTime play on my dongle Ezcast, but the subtitles do not appear. In short nothing DLNA rendering subtitles.
Please I hope to update soon so we can all enjoy and appreciate that respond to our questions.

youanwei

Re: Windows 10 Support

Postby youanwei » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:03 pm

sokkol wrote:I have problems with Windows 10 and many others also, please need an update because the experience is disappointing. The application keeps closing within seconds of launch when you can really open after many attempts. Experience with the mirror option is simply horrible, almost impossible, because again the app crash. The videos are frozen and the audio is out of sync.
On the other hand they should explain how to play videos with subtitles from an app like Kodi but from Windows. If I select a video with Kodi and give to reproduce Ezcast, which plays fantastic, but without subtitles. You can also play videos from an application as if I select PopcornTime play on my dongle Ezcast, but the subtitles do not appear. In short nothing DLNA rendering subtitles.
Please I hope to update soon so we can all enjoy and appreciate that respond to our questions.

Hi,
1. Windows 10 support, Microsoft will release windows 10 OS at 7/29, when it release will test and fix it soon.
2. Kodi or Popcorn support subtitle, sorry, Kodi and Popcorn only support uPnP, now our DLNA function do not support subtitle stream, but will add it soon.

sokkol

Postby sokkol » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:43 am

Thank you very much for your reply and I hope there will soon be an update. For your information I must also say that the application in Windows 10, when operating in the mirror function, if only for a few minutes before it ruptures, uses many system resources (60 and 75% CPU usage) running on a PC with 4 cores and 8 GB Ram. I turned off the firewall but no change at this point.
That would be great news subtitle function through DLNA, I wish to recommend any application through their videos while we waited. Thank You.

youanwei

Postby youanwei » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:57 am

sokkol wrote:Thank you very much for your reply and I hope there will soon be an update. For your information I must also say that the application in Windows 10, when operating in the mirror function, if only for a few minutes before it ruptures, uses many system resources (60 and 75% CPU usage) running on a PC with 4 cores and 8 GB Ram. I turned off the firewall but no change at this point.
That would be great news subtitle function through DLNA, I wish to recommend any application through their videos while we waited. Thank You.

Hi, thanks, I will check CPU high usage issue.

About DLNA support subtitle, I have check with PM/RD, and knew that at July we can't release out, at test lab, there are many issue need fixed, include multi-language, multi file format ....etc

Mirko Mizzoni

Postby Mirko Mizzoni » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:21 am

31/07 and the api crash

Henry Chou

Postby Henry Chou » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:06 pm

Dear Mirko:

Sorry for the inconvenience. In our lab testing, we have also found the re-install windows 10 works well for EZCast app but the updated windows 10 have some issues with our App. We are now working on it and will update our app soon. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
EZCast: Henry

zxcvbnm1

Postby zxcvbnm1 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:49 pm

I too am experiencing crashes upon startup of EZCast program on fresh Windows 10, and simple reinstall wont fix it.
Indeed, waiting for an update, hope the development team has some good progress, best of luck and thank you.

Azcadilla Gibran

Postby Azcadilla Gibran » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:40 am

if have same problem too, I hav clean install windows 10 and my ez cast just force close ... but if I hav activate the screen mirroring ... I can connect manualy... but still the app is closed .. please help fix this issued ...

Azcadilla Gibran

Postby Azcadilla Gibran » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:44 am

http://www.updatestar.com/directdownload/ezcast/2221002 I found this link are this is officialy by ezcast

denny

Postby denny » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:55 pm

Azcadilla Gibran wrote:http://www.updatestar.com/directdownload/ezcast/2221002 I found this link are this is officialy by ezcast

EZCast official website is www.iezvu.com
Any question please contact us by email:denny@actions-micro.com

Return to “EZCast Questions & Bugs & Wishlist”