Windows 10 Support

Discuss EZCast Questions & Bugs & Wishlist。

Moderator: Henry Chou

alan.farr@outlook.com

Re: Windows 10 Support

Postby alan.farr@outlook.com » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:15 am

I have searched for the bubbleUPnp for Windows 10. Non existent as far as I can see. I don't use Android phone but Windows 8.1 so that is out. How can I use EZcast with my laptop or phone running Kodi? I don't want to use Bluestacks or the like. I'm having so many problems with EZcast and if I can't do this then goodbye to EZcast. I have several including the latest dual channel 4K. Not impressed so far. This would be the proverbial straw.

MissEZCast

Postby MissEZCast » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:40 pm

For Pc, you can do as follows,
1. Install XBMC media center to your PC and open the Upnp options. Then the XBMC acts as a DMS (Digital Media Server);
2. On your Android phone, install DMC (Digital Media Controller) app like Bubble Upnp;
3. Let your PC and Android phone and the dongle to connect to the same WiFi router;
4. Finally, you can use Bubble Upnp to stream XBMC streams to dongle;

For Android, please refer to similiar demo video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTZ4wpMCV6Q

Thanks for your understanding.

alan.farr@outlook.com

Postby alan.farr@outlook.com » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:38 pm

Thanks for reply but if you read my comments, I do not have or want an Android phone. I use a Windows Phone

MissEZCast

Postby MissEZCast » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:51 pm

For Windows phone, please use Miracast instead. Please refer to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYhagNnzyZM for demo video.
Thank you.

Mochamad Aris Zamroni

Postby Mochamad Aris Zamroni » Mon May 22, 2017 6:39 pm

The screen mirroring consumes 100% of CPU core. I guess the app encodes the screen into video stream using CPU. Please enhance the app with hardware acceleration support, e.g. DXVA or Intel QSV.

youanwei wrote:
sokkol wrote:Thank you very much for your reply and I hope there will soon be an update. For your information I must also say that the application in Windows 10, when operating in the mirror function, if only for a few minutes before it ruptures, uses many system resources (60 and 75% CPU usage) running on a PC with 4 cores and 8 GB Ram. I turned off the firewall but no change at this point.
That would be great news subtitle function through DLNA, I wish to recommend any application through their videos while we waited. Thank You.

Hi, thanks, I will check CPU high usage issue.

About DLNA support subtitle, I have check with PM/RD, and knew that at July we can't release out, at test lab, there are many issue need fixed, include multi-language, multi file format ....etc

MissEZCast

Postby MissEZCast » Tue May 23, 2017 11:11 am

Thanks for your information.

johan william

Postby johan william » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:52 pm

That is good and helpful for me because i have facing same issues but now it's all solve. Thanks
MissEZCast wrote:For Pc, you can do as follows,
1. Install XBMC media center to your PC and open the Upnp options. Then the XBMC acts as a DMS (Digital Media Server);
2. On your Android phone, install DMC (Digital Media Controller) app like Bubble Upnp;
3. Let your PC and Android phone and the dongle to connect to the same WiFi router;
4. Finally, you can use Bubble Upnp to stream XBMC streams to dongle;

For Android, please refer to similiar demo video youtube.com/watch?v=aTZ4wpMCV6Q

Thanks for your understanding.
Get the Best Assignment Writing Services UK from the expert writing agency in UK.

Return to “EZCast Questions & Bugs & Wishlist”