Improving miracast/mirroring performance

Discuss EZCast Questions & Bugs & Wishlist。

Moderator: Henry Chou

Zel Loh

Improving miracast/mirroring performance

Postby Zel Loh » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:14 pm

Do you have any specific ways to improve mirroring performance ? I am extremely unsatisfied by the poor mirroring capabilities of the a2w measy dongle especially when mirroring and screening high bitrate streams or HD video from my device to tv.

An example of poor mirroring is huge swabs of blurry pixels across the tv screens happening every 3-5 seconds lasting 2-3 s . Imagine viewing the video under such circumstances.

I have changed the dongle screen resolution for my tv from 1080 24p, 30p or even downgraded to 1270x 720. None of these resolves the above symptom in mirroring.

Does the mirroring capability depend only on the short range direct wifi between dongle and my device ? If so, what specific and effective way can we improve the mirroring performance ?

youanwei

Re: Improving miracast/mirroring performance

Postby youanwei » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:58 pm

Hi, put your phone close to dongle can get a high performance.

Henry Chou

Re: Improving miracast/mirroring performance

Postby Henry Chou » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:06 am

Dear Zel:

Sorry for the inconvenience.
We suspect this problem you encountered is because WiFi interfering or channel crowded,
Please get the dongle as close to your WiFi router as possible because the WiFi performance/signal will be reduced by distance,
and please help to reboot your home router to rescan a cleaner channel to use.
This shall improve the streaming performance.
In addition, do not connect too many devices onto your home router when streaming or mirroring.
We also suggest use an external 5V/1A USB adapter to provide more stable power and WiFi connection.
Sorry for the problem you encountered.

Best Regards,
EZCast: Henry

Return to “EZCast Questions & Bugs & Wishlist”