Wifi is abnormal please restart your device

Discuss EZCast Questions & Bugs & Wishlist。

Moderator: Henry Chou

Karen Waller

Wifi is abnormal please restart your device

Postby Karen Waller » Thu May 12, 2016 4:30 am

I received my new 1byone wifi2play + today. The ezcast start up is displayed on my TV and after a few moments the wifi is abnormal msg is received. I am powering the device with a power cable rather than USB and have unplugged the device several times to restart. Can you help?
So far I am not very impressed with my purchase! :twisted:

way

Re: Wifi is abnormal please restart your device

Postby way » Thu May 12, 2016 9:48 am

Dear Karen,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    We would like to see the display of the dongle shown on the TV for our checking for providing you better services.
    Could you please photo the screen on TV for us?

Thanks

David Thomas

Postby David Thomas » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:02 am

Getting exactly the same - arrived today and I'm very disappointed that I can't get it to work at all.
Loads the EZCast screen, then displays a big square in the middle of the TV screen 'Wifi is abnormal, please restart your device'
Does not get to the part where it displays the SSID and password, just a big red X between the first and second items on the top right.
Restarted many times, same result.

Searched everywhere on the web without help, so think mine is being returned tomorrow.

MissEZCast

Postby MissEZCast » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:41 pm

Dear David,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
We suspect the issue may come from power supply shortage. Please use 5V/1A external power adapter instead of TV USB port to provide more stable power supply and WiFi connection.
If it still fails, please take a screenshot of your TV for our further checking.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Angel

Mohd Faizal Iqbal

Postby Mohd Faizal Iqbal » Wed May 31, 2017 1:52 pm

i just figured out the solution..the problem is in the wifi unit..not in the device..disamble the wifi unit..look for the white cable..the cable is plucked from the circuit.just solder it back.i uploaded photo at google drive.chect it out.hope this will help u guys. :D
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... 0NteWw3V28

MissEZCast

Postby MissEZCast » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:57 am

Thanks for your feedback. However, the dongle you have is not our EZCast dongle.
Thank you.

Martin Velik

Postby Martin Velik » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:17 pm

Same problem, anyone found solution?? (And yes I have tried adapter with 5V/2,5A)
https://imgur.com/a/eUqz0

MissEZCast

Postby MissEZCast » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:24 am

Sorry, the product you have is not EZCast. Please go back to the store you bought and ask for help. Thank you.

Damion J. Rowan

Postby Damion J. Rowan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:32 am

I am having the same issue. It is telling me EXACTLY what the previous person's screenshot is saying...that I need an external USB power adapter to guarantee power supply...and it keeps rebooting.

It IS plugged into the wall via a 5V USB external USB power supply. Not sure why you are not simply posting an actual solution. Everyone has the same error...so what is the problem?

MissEZCast

Postby MissEZCast » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:41 am

Sorry, the issue may come from wifi model part. We suggest ordering a new EZCast dongle instead. Thanks for your understanding.

Return to “EZCast Questions & Bugs & Wishlist”