EZCast/EZCast5G/EZCastLan New Firmware-15196000 release 2016-05-16

Include EZCast Dongle,Windows/MacOS/Android/iOS app release.

Moderator: Henry Chou

youanwei

EZCast/EZCast5G/EZCastLan New Firmware-15196000 release 2016-05-16

Postby youanwei » Mon May 16, 2016 5:17 pm

Hi all,

We have released EZCast/EZCast5G/EZCastLan new firmware-15196000 , please upgrade and enjoy! Thanks

Firmware version:15196000,date:2016-05-16
Update Note:
1. Support Youtube APP Airplay
2. Optimize Airplay mirror performance
3. Add Airplay mirror-only mode

Mark Callaghan

Re: EZCast/EZCast5G/EZCastLan New Firmware-15196000 release 2016-05-16

Postby Mark Callaghan » Mon May 16, 2016 11:10 pm

I received the new firmware upgrade this morning. Now none of my videos will play via AirPlay from my iPad or my iPhone 5. Was all working fine this morning until the firmware upgraded, now all I get is audio. Suggestions please?

dave

Postby dave » Tue May 17, 2016 5:06 am

yesterday i was streaming movies without a problem.
but suddenly only audio was heared from tv. What's going on now? a fucked up update perhaps?

maybe a fix please? my problem is the same as the post above.

FIX PLEASE

hiw can i disable auto firmware update? i dont want any updates anymore

Mark Callaghan

Postby Mark Callaghan » Wed May 18, 2016 7:17 pm

I have done some reading around and although the mirror function does work it is totally inadequate. When watching video using mirror the audio is choppy and lags behind the video. This is not solved by pausing and allowing the video to buffer up. Also mirror does not allow full widescreen.
Looking into the issue further, I believe that AirPlay no longer recognises the ezcast as a video device. When I bring up the utility menu by swiping up to change the destination from iPad to ezcast the icon next to the ezcast is no longer a tv it has now changed to what looks like a small 1st gen iPod. AirPlay now recognises my ezcast as an audio only device so it does not transmit video unless you turn on the mirror function which as I've said above is not at all adequate.
All this is since the latest firmware update, it was working perfectly until then. Now please either provide me with a way to roll back the firmware and turn off future up dates or release a patch to fix this. There are enough posts on this forum now complaining about the same issue for you to do something about it. It's just not good enough to cause a problem with a fully functioning device and then do nothing to fix it. To be totally honest, if I had the money I would consign this ezcast to the garbage and get something that actually works all the time. I don't have the money to do that so I am relying on you to fix it. Please get it done very soon.

Gagi

Postby Gagi » Sun May 22, 2016 2:05 pm

Hi Guys, I got p..... off as you did and since WAITING FOR SUPPORT TO HELP US IS WAIST OF TIME I managed to find the solution to full screen streaming.
In settings go to MORE, find EZAir settings and change to Mirror+Streaming.
WHOLA, you can stream full screen.
Since, judging from customers complains, this is big change in settings somebody from support should point to it in New Firmware Release notes, so people don't get frustrated.
Not bad product money wise but SUPPORT IS DISASTER. UNBELIEVABLE.
Regards

way

Postby way » Sun May 22, 2016 4:19 pm

Dear all,
We are sorry for dropping your issue here.

Sorry for the inconvenience. This happen because our firmware now already support the youtube App airplay.
Please have a try:
1st method: when you switch on your smartphone Airplay, please turn on the "Mirror On"button
2nd method: you can change your Airplay setting through EZCast App : EZCast-->Setting-->EZAir-->Mirror + streaming
As a reminder: If you change the setting from EZCast App, while using Airplay , you dont need to switch on the "Mirror On" function from your iOS.
Thanks

Giuseppe Mancuso

Postby Giuseppe Mancuso » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:55 pm

I've just updated the firmware and now I only can use mirror mode because AirPlay dectect an audio device. What can I do? Firmware version 15196000. Device MiraScreen D281A72E used with iOS

MissEZCast

Postby MissEZCast » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:36 am

Dear Sir,

MiraScreen device is not our company products.
Our product website is : https://www.iezvu.com

Thanks.

BR,
EZCast Customer Service

Giuseppe Mancuso

Postby Giuseppe Mancuso » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:45 am

I find on mirascreen site the reference of Actions Microelectronics Co.(privacy property www.mirascreen.com) Searching on Internet I find that it' the same producer of ezcast.

Mark Callaghan

Postby Mark Callaghan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:40 am

I've tried to use my ezcast for about a month now with the new firmware update.

When I turn on the mirror function I can stream movies or tv shows full screen. The update has made the connection more stable, I can now easily pause or take calls and continue watching where I left off afterwards. I can also watch YouTube videos which I couldn't do before.
However there are a couple of quite serious issues which really need to be addressed.

There is a lot of video lag when mirroring which wasn't there before the firmware update when I didn't have to use mirroring to watch media. This isn't an issue with my broadband, I have high speed fibre internet here. Often the video will freeze for a few seconds and sometimes it drops out entirely and I have to reconnect through AirPlay. Again this did not happen prior to the firmware update.

The audio lag is even worse than the video and at times makes things almost unwatchable. The audio is rarely 100% in sync with the video, sometimes it lags behind the video by 2-3 seconds which I am sure you will agree is not acceptable.

Now I can understand why you made the changes to the firmware. You have made connectivity more stable and you have achieved you tube compatibility and you should be applauded for that. The problem is that you have sacrificed a lot to achieve it. I don't understand why you have changed device recognition in AirPlay from a video to an audio device. The icon i used to see when selecting the ezcast in AirPlay was a tv. The icon is now an iPod which indicates to me that Apple devices now see the ezcast as an audio only device which is why I need to use mirroring now and could stream directly before. Why not leave this the way it was and give the user the choice to use mirroring or direct streaming? Giving us the choice would still allow YouTube compatibility using mirror and would give us better quality and no lag when streaming directly. Personally I am willing to sacrifice some stability to get back what I had before.

My personal opinion is that you have handicapped your own device by releasing a firmware update that prevents the device from operating correctly. You either need to release a patch that fixes the audio/video lag issues or you need to switch device recognition back to video and allow us to make the choice of which method we want to use.

I am at the point where I am ready to dump this flaky device and get a kodi box.

Return to “FW Release”