wifi password hidden - how to reset

Moderator: Henry Chou

Ma Sch
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:06 am

wifi password hidden - how to reset

Postby Ma Sch » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:09 am

Hi

If I hide the ssid and password for this ssid, is it possibel to reset this settings without connection to the ezCast pro dongle?

Thanks, Martin

MissEZCast
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: wifi password hidden - how to reset

Postby MissEZCast » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:22 am

Ma Sch wrote:Hi

If I hide the ssid and password for this ssid, is it possibel to reset this settings without connection to the ezCast pro dongle?

Thanks, Martin

Dear Martin,
While dongle bootups, the password would appear in number around 10 seconds.
If you want to reset it without connection, you may need to use the repair tool of EZCast Pro.

Ma Sch
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:06 am

Re: wifi password hidden - how to reset

Postby Ma Sch » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:58 pm

Hi,

i tried this, but i cannot see a password at bootup.
I see (if hidden password is enabled)

SSID: Wait... PSK: <blank>

for arround 10 seconds. And after 10 seconds

SSID: PRO D0..... PSK:*************

No Password is shown. Is there something i make wrong?


Best Regards

MissEZCast
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: wifi password hidden - how to reset

Postby MissEZCast » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:23 pm

Ma Sch wrote:Hi,

i tried this, but i cannot see a password at bootup.
I see (if hidden password is enabled)

SSID: Wait... PSK: <blank>

for arround 10 seconds. And after 10 seconds

SSID: PRO D0..... PSK:*************

No Password is shown. Is there something i make wrong?


Best Regards

Sorry, please try to use the repair tool to reset the dongle one more time. You can refer to https://www.ezcast.com/repair/ezcast/pro/standard for downloading. We also suggest push the power to USB mode and power the dongle using the external 5V/1A power adapter to provide more stable power supply and wifi connection.
Thanks for your patience.

Ma Sch
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:06 am

Re: wifi password hidden - how to reset

Postby Ma Sch » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:01 am

Hi,

i know my password. But it was a test, what happens if i hide it. I use external power supply, but i cannot see the password on startup for 10 seconds as described above.

Best regards,

MissEZCast
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: wifi password hidden - how to reset

Postby MissEZCast » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:29 pm

Ma Sch wrote:Hi,

i know my password. But it was a test, what happens if i hide it. I use external power supply, but i cannot see the password on startup for 10 seconds as described above.

Best regards,

Due to EZCast Pro is business product, it would be able to set into hide password without shown on first 10 seconds.
If the password be hiden, EZCast think you hide password due to some business intent.
So that it could only recover it by the people who did this (or other one who knows password).
In the worst condition, if no one remember the password and the connect password be hiden, you could only use the repair tool to reset the dongle. You can refer to https://www.ezcast.com/repair/ezcast/pro/standard for downloading.


Return to “EZCastPro Questions &Bugs & Wishlist”