Chromecast vs Ezcast: Sharing experience of a confused customer

EZCast Wire Bugs & Wishlist。

Moderator: Henry Chou

Pankh

Chromecast vs Ezcast: Sharing experience of a confused customer

Postby Pankh » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:56 pm

I am from India. Here the Chromecast costs 3400 INR, while a decent ezcast dongle costs around 1500 INR. So, the price becomes really an issue if one has a tight budget. I was confused whether to buy Chromecast or ezcast.

After several days of research and review, I found out that Chromecast in India is still not what it is in UK, USA, Australia or rest of Europe. Netflix sucks in India, most of the apps do not work in India, Google music doesn't exist here, and the only two apps which works well are YouTube and Hotstar.

Same goes for ezcast devices as they are basically made for Chinese viewers.

But, then I found out that I can use the DLNA protocol, and actually stream anything I want (well, almost) to the ezcast dongle. Not that Chromecast cannot do that with Google Cast, but to my surprise, ezcast can ALSO do that, contrary to my idea that it is only a miracast device.

MissEZCast

Re: Chromecast vs Ezcast: Sharing experience of a confused customer

Postby MissEZCast » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:09 pm

Pankh wrote:I am from India. Here the Chromecast costs 3400 INR, while a decent ezcast dongle costs around 1500 INR. So, the price becomes really an issue if one has a tight budget. I was confused whether to buy Chromecast or ezcast.

After several days of research and review, I found out that Chromecast in India is still not what it is in UK, USA, Australia or rest of Europe. Netflix sucks in India, most of the apps do not work in India, Google music doesn't exist here, and the only two apps which works well are YouTube and Hotstar.

Same goes for ezcast devices as they are basically made for Chinese viewers.

But, then I found out that I can use the DLNA protocol, and actually stream anything I want (well, almost) to the ezcast dongle. Not that Chromecast cannot do that with Google Cast, but to my surprise, ezcast can ALSO do that, contrary to my idea that it is only a miracast device.

Thanks for your concern.
Please refer to our introduction: https://www.ezcast.com/blog/619/chromecast-alternative
and comparison: https://www.ezcast.com/product/comparison

Return to “EZCast Wire Questions & Bugs & Wishlist”